{December}

Here is a quick peek of some of the activities my kiddos will be working on this week! 

There are two options for writing and counting the room!  I’m using the write the room one as a “second” center that the kids can go to as they finish their first center.

IMG_0598  IMG_0613

At this center, the children use pattern blocks to measure their Christmas tree.

IMG_0609

At this center, the kids grab a handful of “presents”, count them and tally how many they grabbed.

IMG_0610

More patterns!

IMG_0611

Dice domes and dobbers…what could be more fun!  Adding the two dice and dobbing the sum.

IMG_0612

Here the children roll the dice and write the ending sum.  They “collect their gifts” as they travel around the maze.  It’s amazing how something so simple can keep the kiddos so engaged!

IMG_0616

Unscrambling sight words!

IMG_0614

Matching rymes

IMG_0615

I have this center at my IWB.  The children manipulate the words to build a sentence.  They love working at the IWB!  The book is at our listening center.  The listening center is always one of our weekly centers.  I try to have the IWB be a center as well, and throw in the ipads when I can too.  Nothing like technology to keep the kids engaged!

IMG_0617   IMG_0618

All of these centers are inlcuded in my “Get your Jolly On” pack.  We still have 3 full days of teaching this week! Wish me luck friends!

Slide1

13 comments:

  1. Good luck! Love all the centers you have going, you have such great ideas! Reading your blog always inspires me. :)

    ~Jessica
    Fun in PreK-1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, your centers are ADORABLE! P.S. my kiddos are loving them!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stuff looks awesome. Well, glad to find someone else who goes through Friday. We are done at 3:30. Good luck!!
    Robynn
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your ideas!I was just wondering, what do your kids do when they complete a center?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a second choice -- they can read from their book baskets, write in the journals, go to the writing center, the pocket chart, work in a sight word book, write the room...I keep adding a few different choices for them -- I want them to be able to work independently. I also closely monitor, and if I see that all students finish fairly quickly (quicker than the time alloted), I'll move on!

      Delete
  5. I LOVE HOW YOU ORGANIZE YOUR WORKSTATIONS! I AM HEADING TO IKEA IN THE MORNING. I HAVE SO MANY GREAT WORKSTATIONS THAT I HAVE BEEN COLLECTING BUT I NEVER UTILIZE THEM TO THE FULLEST BECAUSE THEY ARE A MESS. NOT ANY LONGER!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This article is very good. We would like to leave a good article. To read more articles, click here >>>
    Lotto
    Lotto
    Lotto
    manop19.blogspot.com
    manop9898.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you are interested to participate in the Customer Survey? visit this site and how to complete customer survey and win cash price

    bwwlistens.coms

    ReplyDelete