Asher’s Basket

Last October, I posted about a very special little boy named Asher.  He is a four year old who is living with Cystic Fibrosis.  I went to high school with his parents, and although I have never been able to meet him and give him a great big hug, he has certainly made an impact on my life.  You can read that post {here}.

I put a call out to fellow teachers and bloggers for donations for their upcoming auction to raise money for cystic fibrosis in Arizona.  Here is the result:

IMG_5079

IMG_5074IMG_5075

IMG_5076

IMG_5077

IMG_5080

This AMAZING gift basket is full of resources any teacher would love!  In total, there are close to 300 (yes, 300!) units on the CD’s, a totally cool phonics flip chart, notepads, post-it notes, flair pens, welcome cards, and handmade beaded lanyards for your ID!

I want to send a special shout-out to the generous people that donated items for this basket:

Steven and Katie @

image

Cara Carroll @

image

Abby Mullins @

image

Rachelle Smith @

image

Kim Adsit @

image

Katie Mense @

image

Deedee Wills @

image

Traci Plante 

Amy Patte 

and me :)

I know this wonderful basket will bring a huge donation for Cystic Fibrosis research.  If you have an extra minute too, stop by Team Asher’s Facebook page and click that “like” button.  Take a second and look through the adorable pictures of Asher!

Here’s the info about the auction. (If you’re in the area, I know Rachel and Jeremy would love to have you stop by!)

teamASHER Silent Auction

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 25TH, 2012 4:00PM-6:00PM
CONFERENCE CENTER @ REDEMPTION CHURCH - GILBERT
1820 W ELLIOT RD GILBERT AZ 85233

CHECK OUT THE AWESOME LIST OF DONATIONS WE’VE RECEIVED SO FAR (this list is continually being updated, be sure to check back!)

2012 teamASHER Auction Master List

DETAILS…

  • OPEN TO THE PUBLIC - FAMILY FRIENDLY EVENT (we’ll have bounce houses!)
  • BRIO TUSCAN GRILLE IS PROVIDING FOOD FOR ALL ATTENDEES
  • WE’RE STILL COLLECTING DONATIONS!  PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU’D LIKE TO DONATE, AND WE’LL SEND YOU A FORM YOU CAN COMPLETE TO RECEIVE A TAX CREDIT (rachelolimb@gmail.com)

EVENT TIMELINE: 

  • DOORS OPEN AND BIDDING BEGINS (4:00)
  • SIGN-IN AS YOU ENTER THE CONFERENCE CENTER DOORS
  • HEAR FROM JEREMY OLIMB (Asher’s Daddy) ABOUT CYSTIC FIBROSIS AND WATCH A VIDEO ABOUT WHY WE WON’T STOP FIGHTING FOR A CURE (5:00)
  • RAFFLE PRIZES AND 50/50 WINNER ANNOUNCED (5:15)
  • BIDDING CLOSES (5:45)
  • CHECK OUT

teamASHER on Facebook / Twitter

3 comments:

  1. I think its fantastic that you all did this! My career before being a K-teacher was working in the hospital. I hate cystic fibrosis with a passion more than I hate ANY other disease. What it does to our kiddos is just heartbreaking.

    I hope your basket brings in a lot for them at the auction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you had such a great turnout of teachers will to help!!!!! GO ASHER!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful project you took on to help a little cutie. You are a blessing for sure. :) I pray the auction goes well for little Asher. :)

    ReplyDelete