Need Some Smiles :)

The past few days have been rough as I follow the news in Norway.  Thank you all for your kind words of support.  Norway is a country in grief right now, but they are strong people, and together they will make it through.

So…. I wanted to share with you something that I found stashed away from MANY years ago! I don’t even know how long ago they were in the newspapers!  If you have school age kids (mine will be a 4th grader), I think you’ll appreciate these comics!

baby blues_0004

Are you smiling?  Yep, totally my kid Smile

I went to Jo-Ann’s today to pick up some fabric for my bunting and found some super cute stuff!

IMG_1786

I am going to use this little basket for my pointers.  It was on sale for $5.99

IMG_1787

Here is my fabric for my bunting! Can’t wait to work on it!

IMG_1789

And these sweet little cups were $1.99 each.  I’m sure I’ll make some sort of popsicle stick game with them – I’m sensing an alphabet one and a number one?? 

Any ideas?  I’ll certainly share when I get them done!

2 comments:

  1. SOOOO CUTE! I love that fabric girl! You've got great taste ;)

    -Rachelle
    whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the cups- I play a fun game with my class called Pop. Write sight words on the sticks, but add a few sticks that say pop. They take turns pulling out sticks and reading the words. If they don't know a word, their partners help them and they return the stick to the cup. If they pull a stick that says pop they return all their sticks to the cup. It's a game that goes on forever, but they love it!

    Nicole
    www.flippingforfirstgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete